Last Updated on February 4, 2023
Are you looking for strawberry topping for Angel Food Cake? Take a look at these delicious and easy-to-make recipes to top your cake.
These recipes are specially made for strawberry lovers, like me. Take a look at the recipes and confirm how easy they are and you’ll see that you won’t spend much time making them.
Angel Food Cake
Angel food cake originated in North America and became famous in the late 19th century. Indeed considered “food of the angels” for its airy, soft, and light consistency. Undoubtedly, it’s one of those recipes that gets transformed over time.
This angel cake does not take much time. It is prepared very quickly. You’ll only need a handful of easy-to-get ingredients. It is a low-fat cake that is prepared with flour, egg whites, and sugar. And yes, it’s that simple!
It is considered one of the most versatile cakes because it can be accompanied by a thousand toppings. This time, we have some delicious strawberry toppings recipes that go perfectly with your cake.
Let’s take a look at the list of ingredients and step-by-step instructions!
Strawberry Toppings for Angel Food Cake
And if it’s about strawberry toppings, keep reading! Because there are some exotic ones that you may have not even expected. I hope you like them!
Topping #1: Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
This strawberry topping for angel food cake is my favorite one. It is made with strawberry dust resulting from grinding freeze-dried strawberries. You’ll find them as lyophilized strawberries on the market.
- 1/2 cup of lyophilized strawberries
- 120 g of butter, at room temperature and unsalted
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp of heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- chopped fresh strawberries to garnish
Step #1: Make Your Strawberry Dust
First, put the lyophilized strawberries into a food processor and process until dust. Set aside.
Step #2: Start mixing
Second, use your electric mixer to beat the butter on medium-high speed until smooth for about 2 minutes. Remember that this needs to be at room temperature. Then, add the sugar, strawberry powder, cream, and vanilla extract.
Mix all of the ingredients for 2-3 more minutes. And right before you stop your electric mixer, add the pinch of salt. This will intensify the flavors.
Step #3: Top Your Cake
And there you have it! Fill your pastry sleeve or a spatula to cover or fill your angel cake. You’re about to see why this is my favorite one!
Topping #2: Sliced Strawberries With Whipped Cream
Topping with fresh fruit will always give an organic and savory touch to any type of cake. Try it and look how beautiful your cake looks with the strawberries, accompanying the whipped cream you put on it!
Enjoy this angel food cake with strawberry topping in 3,2,1…
- 10 fresh strawberries
- whipped cream
Step #1: Slice
With a very sharp knife, slice your strawberries thinly.
Step #2: Garnish
Spread some whipped cream on top of your cake, then decorate it with your sliced and fresh strawberries. You can also sprinkle some cocoa powder to taste.
Topping #3: Strawberry Cheesecake Filling
And as I usually mention, cooking from scratch will always be better! So here you have the unique strawberry cheesecake filling to top your angel food cake.
However, it is also important to mention that although homemade cheesecake filling is the best option… you can also buy the Philadelphia ready-to-eat cheesecake filling with strawberry flavor. But just in case you’re in a hurry or don’t want to make it yourself, this is an easy recipe. Plus, I’m pretty sure you’ll love it!
Or, you can also buy the Original Philadelphia Cheesecake Filling and add some strawberry jam. Combine them well and you’ll have a tasty cream cheese to top any dessert. And of course, you can add some powdered sugar if needed.
- 16 oz of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 tsp of granulated sugar
- 50 g of softened butter, unsalted
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of fresh strawberries, sliced
Step #1: Making Strawberries Juicy
In a bowl, put your sliced strawberries and sprinkle granulated sugar. Let it rest for about 10 minutes. You’ll notice the strawberries will release their juice.
Next, smash them with a fork and set them aside.
Step #2: Make Your Cheesecake Filling
In the meantime, use another medium-sized mixing bowl and put the cream cheese, the powdered sugar, and the butter. Mix until well combined and creamy. Then, add the vanilla extract and the smashed and juicy strawberry puree.
Stir well. And there you have it!
Topping #4: Strawberry Coulis or Sauce
This strawberry sauce for angel food cake is so tangy and delicious! I love making it for almost any dessert. Plus, you can refrigerate it for a long period, preserving its tastiness.
And the best thing is that its preparation it’s quite simple, it will be ready in a few minutes.
To sum up, know that this delicious strawberry coulis is a luxury for the palate and a super vitamin sauce for health.
- 250 g of strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- 40 g of sugar
- 30 ml of water
Step #1: Make a Syrup
Make a syrup by putting the water and the sugar in a saucepan and bringing it to a boil. Stir for 3 minutes and remove from the heat.
Step #2: Blend it All
Put the strawberries in the blender glass. Add the lemon juice, vanilla extract, and syrup. Blend until you get a fine puree.
Step #3: Strain and Cool
Finally, strain the strawberry sauce over a bowl and let it cool to room temperature before you use it.
Find more useful ideas here:
Preparing Strawberries for Angel Food Cake
While we’ve looked at many different strawberry toppings for angel food cake, one of my favorites is balsamic-infused strawberries. This is great if you like a slightly sharper flavor to accompany your angel food cake. For this recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1/4 cup of packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups of strawberries, halved
- angel food cake, to serve
Now all you need to do is:
- Grab a bowl and add the following ingredients: brown sugar and balsamic vinegar. Mix well until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Once dissolved, add your cut strawberries and use a spoon to ensure they’re completely coated with the mixture.
- Leave to sit for around 15 minutes. Then pour over your angel food cake. Serve and enjoy!
Glazed Strawberries Recipe
Another way of preparing strawberry topping for angel food cake is candied or glazed strawberries. For this recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 1lb of fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup of light corn syrup
Now all you need to do is:
- Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly spray with cooking spray. Gather the remaining ingredients that you need for this recipe.
- Before you begin, wash your strawberries, and dry them using a paper towel.
- Now you’ll need to add both ice and water to a bowl; this is an ice bath. Leave to one side.
- Add the following ingredients to a saucepan: sugar, corn syrup, and water. Heat over medium heat and add your candy thermometer. Without mixing, wait until your thermometer reaches 300F. This can take anywhere from 10-20 minutes.
- Once it’s reached 300F, remove it from heat and place it into your ice bath. It’s important that the pan just sits in your ice bath, it shouldn’t be submerged.
- When cooled, remove them from your ice bath and start dipping your strawberries into the mixture. Do this by holding the top of the stem and dipping entirely into the candy. Gently tap on the side of the pan so any excess candy drops back into the pan.
- Place strawberries onto your prepared baking sheet and repeat until all strawberries have been coated. Serve and enjoy!
What to Eat With Angel Food Cake
When it comes to angel food cake, many accompaniments work extremely well. While the list is endless, some of my favorites include:
- Greek yogurt
- fruit compote
- ice cream
- cobblers and dessert pies
- strawberries and whipped cream
How to Thicken Strawberry Sauce
When it comes to thickening strawberry sauce, you can use a variety of thickening agents. Some of the most common options include:
- wheat flour
- corn starch
- potato starch
- arrowroot flour
One of the most flavorless options is potato starch. While potatoes do have a mild flavor, it doesn’t overwhelm the sauce or the flavor.
If you’re using arrowroot flour or butter, you’ll need around one tablespoon to add to your mixture and stir.
For the potato or cornstarch, you’ll need to make a slurry. To make a slurry, you’ll need around a tablespoon of the potato/corn starch and then around two tablespoons of water. Mix well and then add to your sauce.
Final Words: Strawberry Topping for Angel Food Cake
I hope this post has helped you to become more familiar with strawberry topping for angel food cake. The recipes that we have brought you today are an example of thousands of strawberry toppings that are out there to top your angel cake.
Sometimes all we need is imagination and reading a good post of ideas and techniques to start cooking. That’s why we encourage you to never lose enthusiasm for cooking. Cooking is a therapeutic moment that invites us to be happy and make our loved ones happy too.
Share these recipes with your friends and let us know which topping was your favorite one.
Read more about Best Strawberry Pudding With Vanilla Wafers
Strawberry Topping for Angel Food Cake: Awesome Recipe
- A food processor
- A mixing bowl
- A pastry sleeve or spatula
- Make your strawberry dust. First, put the lyophilized strawberries into a food processor and process until dust. Set aside.1/2 cup of lyophilized strawberries
- Start mixing. Second, use your electric mixer to beat the butter on medium-high speed until smooth for about 2 minutes. Remember that this needs to be at room temperature. Then, add the sugar, strawberry powder, cream, and vanilla extract.Mix all of the ingredients for 2-3 more minutes. And right before you stop your electric mixer, add the pinch of salt. This will intensify the flavors.1/2 cup of lyophilized strawberries, 120 g of butter - at room temperature and unsalted -, 2 cups of powdered sugar, 2 1/2 tbsp of heavy cream, 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract, pinch of salt, chopped fresh strawberries to garnish
- Top your cake. And there you have it! Fill your pastry sleeve or a spatula to cover or fill your angel cake. You're about to see why this is my favorite one!