Last Updated on February 12, 2023
Whether you are looking for a festive fall snack or a great party treat, candied apples are a wonderful dessert to make. The combination of a crunchy candy shell and sweet, crisp apple make for a delicious snack. Knowing how to make pink candy apples is a great hack for your next party.
Though traditional candied apples are red, these pink ones are fun and cute. They are great for birthday parties, baby showers, or any celebration. Both kids and adults will love these adorable and tasty candied apples.
What You Will Need: Pink Candied Apples
- 6 small to medium apples, washed, dried, and stems removed (preferably Granny Smith)
- 6 candy apple sticks
- 3 cups white sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons pink gel food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons white food coloring
- Sheet pan
- Cooking spray
- Candy thermometer
- Medium saucepan
- Rubber spatula
- Wooden spoon
Step One: Prepare Apples
Remove the stems of the apples and thoroughly wash them. Place the clean apples on a sheet pan sprayed with cooking spray to allow them to dry.
Step Two: Prepare the Sugar Mixture
In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup, white food coloring, and pink gel food coloring using a wooden spoon. Cook the mixture on medium heat until it boils.
Step Three: Use a Candy Thermometer to Monitor the Mix
When the mixture begins to boil, stick a candy thermometer on the side of the pan. Be sure that the thermometer is well in the mixture, but not touching the bottom.
The mixture should reach 302 degrees Fahrenheit. This may take up to 20 minutes, but the mixture does not need to be stirred in the process.
Step Four: Remove From the Heat
Once the mixture has reached 302 degrees Fahrenheit, remove it from the heat. Use a rubber spatula to stir in the vanilla extract, making sure it is fully incorporated.
Step Five: Dip the Apples
Carefully dip the apples into the sugar mixture. Swirl them around to make sure they are fully coated, and allow the excess sugar mixture to drip off. Place the apples on the sheet pan to allow them to fully dry.
Be certain to be careful when dipping the apples, as the sugar mixture will be hot. It is best to tilt the pan to make it easier to dip.
Tips and Tricks: How to Make Pink Candied Apples
Candied apples can be kept covered at room temperature for 2-3 days. Make sure they are kept in a cool, dry area, and be sure to avoid placing them in the sun. Avoid storing them in the fridge, as this can cause the candy coating to become sticky and messy.
Granny Smith apples are one of the most popular choices for making candied apples. They have a slightly tart flavor that pairs well with the sweetness of the candy covering. In addition, they are also firm enough to hold the weight of the candy shell.
Other apples used for candied apples include Fuji, Gala, Honey Crisp, and Pink Lady. Make sure to use fresh, firm apples, preferably free of bruises or marks, for the best results. It is also important to make sure the apples are completely dry before dipping them in the candy mixture to ensure that it sticks.
A common issue that often happens when making candied apples is air bubbles forming on the surface of the candy shell. To help prevent any bubbles from forming, be sure to thoroughly wash them off. The wax covering that is added to apples is often the culprit to the candy not sticking or bubbling.
To ensure you get all the wax off, place them in a large pot of boiling water with 1-2 tablespoons of baking soda. Leave them for one minute, turning them to ensure all sides get covered. After they are done, dry them off with a paper towel and let them air dry if needed before dipping.
If you want to try out more candy recipes:
- What Is A Truffle Candy? First-Rate Appetizing Truffle Candy Recipe
- Saltine Cracker Candy With Peanut Butter Chips
Pink Toffee Apples Recipe
If you're looking to make pink toffee apples, then look no further. For this recipe, you'll need the following ingredients:
- 12 firm apples
- 1 ½ cups of water
- ¾ cup of corn syrup
- 4 ½ cups of white sugar
- 3 tablespoons of white food coloring
- pink food coloring
- lollipop sticks
- cooking spray
Now all you need to do is:
- Add the following ingredients to a saucepan: sugar, water, and corn syrup. Mix well and then add your white food coloring, as well as your pink food coloring; until you're happy with the color.
- Cook on medium heat. Use a candy thermometer to check the temperature. Remove from heat when it reaches 302F.
- Be sure your apples are washed and de-stemmed, in preparation for coating. You'll also need to insert a lollipop stick into each apple. You'll also need to lightly grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Dip your apples into the saucepan, one at a time; ensuring each apple is coated entirely. And then place it on your prepared baking sheet.
- Leave to set. Serve and enjoy!
Pink Chocolate Covered Apples Recipe
Pink chocolate-covered apples are super easy to make. For this recipe, you'll need the following ingredients:
- 10 firm apples
- ½ cup of roasted peanuts, chopped
- ½ cup milk chocolate candies
- 2lb of pink candy melts
Now all you need to do is:
- Wash and de-stem your apples, and insert lollipop sticks into the center, through the core. Place candies and peanuts on different plates and leave on one side.
- Melt your candy melts in the microwave, in a microwave-safe bowl. Mix well until smooth.
- Start by dipping the apples into your candy melts; coating them entirely. Then dip into the topping of your choice; either nuts or candies. Place your apples onto a lined baking sheet and leave to set.
- Serve and enjoy!
Gold Candy Apples Recipe
If you're looking for a luxurious candy apple, gold candy apples are the way forward. To make these, you'll need the following ingredients:
- 8 firm apples
- 8 lollipop sticks
- 4 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of hot water
- 1 teaspoon of white vinegar
- ⅓ cup of liquid glucose
- 1 teaspoon of yellow food coloring
Now all you need to do is:
- Wash and dry your apples completely. You'll also need to insert your lollipop sticks through the core of each apple. You'll also need to line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Also, fill a tray with cold water and leave on one side.
- Grab a saucepan and add the following ingredients: water, glucose, vinegar, and sugar. Heat over medium heat and stir occasionally throughout. Once dissolved, bring to a boil and leave for around 10 minutes; or until it changes color.
- At this point, remove from heat and place the pan into the tray of cold water. Remove from the bath after around 30 seconds and add the food coloring. Mix well.
- Dip your apples into the saucepan and cover them entirely with the mixture. Then place the apples onto your prepared baking sheet.
- Leave to harden. Serve and enjoy!
Cotton Candy Apple Recipe
If you're looking for an elegant and fun dessert, cotton candy apples are great. For this recipe, you'll need the following ingredients:
- 8 firm apples
- ½ cup of light corn syrup
- 3 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of cotton candy flavoring
- 2 tablespoons of white food coloring
- 2 tablespoons of pink food coloring
- cotton candy, to decorate
- lollipop sticks
Now all you need to do is:
- Wash and dry your apples. You'll also need to add a lollipop stick into the center of each apple, through the core. Then lightly grease a baking tray with spray.
- Grab a saucepan and add the following ingredients: white food coloring, water, sugar, and corn syrup. Heat until the sugar has dissolved and then insert a candy thermometer.
- Once the mixture is boiling, leave it to heat for around 20 minutes. Remove from the heat straight after the temperature reaches 302F.
- Add the pink food coloring and flavoring. Stir so it distributes evenly into the mixture.
- Dip your apples into the saucepan and cover them entirely. Then place your apples onto your prepared baking sheet.
- Leave to firm for around an hour. Decorate with cotton candy. Serve and enjoy!
How to Make Pink and Blue Candy Apples?
To make pink and blue candy apples, you should follow the recipe above until you reach the step on coloring the candy. As you'll be wanting pink and blue candy apples, you'll need to do this in two separate saucepans so that the colors do not mix. In each pan, you'll need to add 2 tablespoons of bright white food coloring, along with 1-2 teaspoons of blue or pink gel food coloring, I've found that AmeriColor or Wilton are the best brands to opt for. For a subtle color, only add one teaspoon of color. For a brighter color, you can add two teaspoons. Keep adding coloring until you reach the color you're looking for.
How to Make Blueberry Candy Apples?
To make blueberry candy apples. you should follow the recipe above; again until you reach the step when it comes to coloring the candy. Now all you need to do is add 2 tablespoons of bright white food coloring, as well as 2 teaspoons of blue food coloring. Now all you need to do is add a few drops of blueberry-flavored oil. I've found that LorAnn oils work well for flavoring candy apples. As well as being intense in flavor, it's also gluten-free and Kosher certified, meaning it's suitable for a range of dietary lifestyles.
How to Make Caramel Apples With Wraps?
If you're looking to make caramel apples with wrapped caramel candies, then look no further. They're super easy to make in comparison to candy apples, but just as delicious! All you'll need for this recipe is 6 medium apples (Granny Smith or Gala are ideal), 6 craft sticks, cooking spray, 1 packet of wrapped caramels, and 2 tablespoons of milk.
- Now all you need to do is remove any stickers and the stem from each apple and place a stick into the top of each one.
- Before you coat your apples, lightly spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and leave it to one side.
- Unwrap your caramels and place them into a microwave-safe bowl, along with the milk.
- Microwave for around 1 minute and then stir.
- Place back in the microwave for a further minute and then leave to cool slightly.
- Now dip each apple into the melted caramel mixture and then place on your prepared baking sheet to dry.
- Repeat until all apples have been coated.
How Long to Let Candy Apples Harden?
It all depends on how thick the layer of candy is on your apples. Most of the time they will have hardened and be ready to eat within around 10-15 minutes. However, it can take up to an hour, depending on the temperature. It's best to let them harden at room temperature before you place them in the fridge.
How Do You Spray Candy Red Apples?
If you want to spray your candy red apples instead of using food coloring, you can use a cake-decorating airbrush kit. I've found that the U.S Cake Supply airbrush kit is highly effective and you can usually buy a set that comes with various food colors. Then all you need to do is airbrush your red coloring onto your candy apples.
How Do You Make Dark Blue Candy Apples?
To make dark blue candy apples, all you need to do is add royal blue food coloring to your candy mixture. Stir the royal blue through and then add a small amount of purple food coloring. The purple food coloring deepens the color, as well as giving it the true color of royalty. A drop of purple is my secret to creating the perfect dark blue candy apples. You may need to add slightly more royal blue if you add too much purple food coloring.
Pretty in Pink: How to Make Pink Candy Apples
Though candied apples are a classic Halloween treat, these pink candied apples are great for any celebration. Not only do they taste great, but they also look adorable. Once you get the hang of it, they are easy to make, which makes them great for parties or celebrations.
Please share in the comments down below what you thought about this tutorial on how to make pink candy apples. Please share this article with your friends and family if you enjoyed reading it.
How To Make Pink Candy Apples: Easy Fall Dessert
- Prepare Apples - Remove the stems of the apples and thoroughly wash them. Place the clean apples on a sheet pan sprayed with cooking spray to allow them to dry.
- Prepare the Sugar Mixture - In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup, white food coloring, and pink gel food coloring using a wooden spoon. Cook the mixture on medium heat until it boils.
- Use a Candy Thermometer to Monitor the Mix - When the mixture begins to boil, stick a candy thermometer on the side of the pan. Be sure that the thermometer is well in the mixture, but not touching the bottom.
- The mixture should reach 302 degrees Fahrenheit. This may take up to 20 minutes, but the mixture does not need to be stirred in the process.
- Remove from Heat - Once the mixture has reached 302 degrees Fahrenheit, remove it from the heat. Use a rubber spatula to stir in the vanilla extract, making sure it is fully incorporated.
- Dip the Apples - Carefully dip the apples into the sugar mixture. Swirl them around to make sure they are fully coated, allow the excess sugar mixture to drip off. Place the apples on the sheet pan to allow them to fully dry.
- Be certain to be careful when dipping the apples, as the sugar mixture will be hot. It is best to tilt the pan to make it easier to dip.
Ever since she was a young girl, Anna has been a lover of desserts. As an adult, she enjoys
baking a variety of desserts from cakes, cookies, brownies, bread, and more from scratch. She
enjoys sharing her passion for baking with others who also have a sweet tooth. From properly
measuring ingredients to making sure they are the correct temperature, Anna knows the
importance small details can make in baking. She wants to share her experience with others in
hopes they can make the most delicious baked goods. When she’s not busy blogging, Anna
enjoys trying new recipes in the kitchen.