Last Updated on January 2, 2023
Whether you are looking for a festive fall snack or a great party treat, candied apples are a wonderful dessert to make. The combination of a crunchy candy shell and sweet, crisp apple make for a delicious snack. Knowing how to make pink candied apples is a great hack for your next party.
Though traditional candied apples are red, these pink ones are fun and cute. They are great for birthday parties, baby showers, or any celebration. Both kids and adults will love these adorable and tasty candied apples.
What You Will Need to Make Pink Candied Apples
- 6 small to medium apples, washed, dried, and stems removed (preferably Granny Smith)
- 6 candy apple sticks
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons pink gel food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons white food coloring
- Sheet pan
- Cooking spray
- Candy thermometer
- Medium saucepan
- Rubber spatula
- Wooden spoon
Step One: Prepare Apples
Remove the stems of the apples and thoroughly wash them. Place the clean apples on a sheet pan sprayed with cooking spray to allow them to dry.
Step Two: Prepare the Sugar Mixture
In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup, white food coloring, and pink gel food coloring using a wooden spoon. Cook the mixture on medium heat until it boils.
Step Three: Use a Candy Thermometer to Monitor the Mix
When the mixture begins to boil, stick a candy thermometer on the side of the pan. Be sure that the thermometer is well in the mixture, but not touching the bottom.
The mixture should reach 302 degrees Fahrenheit. This may take up to 20 minutes, but the mixture does not need to be stirred in the process.
Step Four: Remove from the Heat
Once the mixture has reached 302 degrees Fahrenheit, remove it from the heat. Use a rubber spatula to stir in the vanilla extract, making sure it is fully incorporated.
Step Five: Dip the Apples
Carefully dip the apples into the sugar mixture. Swirl them around to make sure they are fully coated, and allow the excess sugar mixture to drip off. Place the apples on the sheet pan to allow them to fully dry.
Be certain to be careful when dipping the apples, as the sugar mixture will be hot. It is best to tilt the pan to make it easier to dip.
Tips and Tricks for How to Make Pink Candied Apples
Candied apples can be kept covered at room temperature for 2-3 days. Make sure they are kept in a cool, dry area, and be sure to avoid placing them in the sun. Avoid storing them in the fridge, as this can cause the candy coating to become sticky and messy.
Granny Smith apples are one of the most popular choices for making candied apples. They have a slight tart flavor that pairs well with the sweetness of the candy covering. In addition, they are also firm enough to hold the weight of the candy shell.
Other apples used for candied apples include Fuji, Gala, Honey Crisp, and Pink Lady. Make sure to use fresh, firm apples, preferably free of bruises or marks, for the best results. It is also important to make sure the apples are completely dry before dipping them in the candy mixture to ensure that it sticks.
A common issue that often happens when making candied apples is air bubbles forming on the surface of the candy shell. To help prevent any bubbles from forming, be sure to thoroughly wash them off. The wax covering that is added to apples is often the culprit to the candy not sticking or bubbling.
To ensure you get all the wax off, place them in a large pot of boiling water with 1-2 tablespoons of baking soda. Leave them for one minute, turning them to ensure all sides get covered. After they are done, dry them off with a paper towel and let them air dry if needed before dipping.
If you want to try out more candy recipes:
- What Is A Truffle Candy? First-Rate Appetizing Truffle Candy Recipe
- Saltine Cracker Candy With Peanut Butter Chips
How To Make Pink Candied Apples
- Prepare Apples - Remove the stems of the apples and thoroughly wash them. Place the clean apples on a sheet pan sprayed with cooking spray to allow them to dry.
- Prepare the Sugar Mixture - In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup, white food coloring, and pink gel food coloring using a wooden spoon. Cook the mixture on medium heat until it boils.
- Use a Candy Thermometer to Monitor the Mix - When the mixture begins to boil, stick a candy thermometer on the side of the pan. Be sure that the thermometer is well in the mixture, but not touching the bottom.
- The mixture should reach 302 degrees Fahrenheit. This may take up to 20 minutes, but the mixture does not need to be stirred in the process.
- Remove from Heat - Once the mixture has reached 302 degrees Fahrenheit, remove it from the heat. Use a rubber spatula to stir in the vanilla extract, making sure it is fully incorporated.
- Dip the Apples - Carefully dip the apples into the sugar mixture. Swirl them around to make sure they are fully coated, allow the excess sugar mixture to drip off. Place the apples on the sheet pan to allow them to fully dry.
- Be certain to be careful when dipping the apples, as the sugar mixture will be hot. It is best to tilt the pan to make it easier to dip.
How to Make Pink and Blue Candy Apples?
To make pink and blue candy apples, you should follow the recipe above until you reach the step on coloring the candy. As you’ll be wanting pink and blue candy apples, you’ll need to do this in two separate saucepans so that the colors do not mix. In each pan, you’ll need to add 2 tablespoons of bright white food coloring, along with 1-2 teaspoons of blue or pink gel food coloring, I’ve found that AmeriColor or Wilton are the best brands to opt for. For a subtle color, only add one teaspoon of color. For a brighter color, you can add two teaspoons. Keep adding coloring until you reach the color you’re looking for.
How to Make Blueberry Candy Apples?
To make blueberry candy apples. you should follow the recipe above; again until you reach the step when it comes to coloring the candy. Now all you need to do is add 2 tablespoons of bright white food coloring, as well as 2 teaspoons of blue food coloring. Now all you need to do is add a few drops of blueberry-flavored oil. I’ve found that LorAnn oils work well for flavoring candy apples. As well as being intense in flavor, it’s also gluten-free and Kosher certified, meaning it’s suitable for a range of dietary lifestyles.
How to Make Caramel Apples With Wraps?
If you’re looking to make caramel apples with wrapped caramel candies, then look no further. They’re super easy to make in comparison to candy apples, but just as delicious! All you’ll need for this recipe is 6 medium apples (Granny Smith or Gala are ideal), 6 craft sticks, cooking spray, 1 packet of wrapped caramels, and 2 tablespoons of milk.
- Now all you need to do is remove any stickers and the stem from each apple and place a stick into the top of each one.
- Before you coat your apples, lightly spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and leave it to one side.
- Unwrap your caramels and place them into a microwave-safe bowl, along with the milk.
- Microwave for around 1 minute and then stir.
- Place back in the microwave for a further minute and then leave to cool slightly.
- Now dip each apple into the melted caramel mixture and then place on your prepared baking sheet to dry.
- Repeat until all apples have been coated.
How Long to Let Candy Apples Harden?
It all depends on how thick the layer of candy is on your apples. Most of the time they will have hardened and be ready to eat within around 10-15 minutes. However, it can take up to an hour, depending on the temperature. It’s best to let them harden at room temperature before you place them in the fridge.
How Do You Spray Candy Red Apples?
If you want to spray your candy red apples instead of using food coloring, you can use a cake-decorating airbrush kit. I’ve found that the U.S Cake Supply airbrush kit is highly effective and you can usually buy a set that comes with various food colors. Then all you need to do is airbrush your red coloring onto your candy apples.
How Do You Make Dark Blue Candy Apples?
To make dark blue candy apples, all you need to do is add royal blue food coloring to your candy mixture. Stir the royal blue through and then add a small amount of purple food coloring. The purple food coloring deepens the color, as well as giving it the true color of royalty. A drop of purple is my secret to creating the perfect dark blue candy apples. You may need to add slightly more royal blue if you add too much purple food coloring.
Pretty Pink Candied Apples
Though candied apples are a classic Halloween treat, these pink candied apples are great for any celebration. Not only do they taste great, but they also look adorable. Once you get the hang of it, they are easy to make, which makes them great for parties or celebrations.
Please share in the comments down below what you thought about this tutorial on how to make pink candied apples. Please share this article with your friends and family if you enjoyed reading it.
Anna is an experienced pastry chef with a great eye for detail and an even greater passion for creating delicious treats. She has been in the pastry business for over 10 years, and her dedication and commitment to delivering quality pastries has earned her a loyal clientele. Anna is an expert in all aspects of pastry–making, from baking and decorating to creating custom cakes and pastries for special occasions. With her creative flair and a commitment to using only the freshest ingredients, Anna has become a respected pastry chef among her peers. Whether she‘s baking for a special event or whipping up something for her family, Anna‘s cakes and pastries always make for a memorable experience.