You can never go wrong with freshly baked cookies straight out of the oven and these delicious cookie recipes using self-rising flour are perfect for any occasion. From classic chocolate chips to crunchy sugar cookies, and fudgy cocoa crinkle sandwich cookies, you will want to save all these recipes.
In cookies, self-rising flour adds flavor and helps strengthen the gluten structure. It already contains salt and baking powder, so you don’t need to worry about adding your own. All of these cookie recipes require no prior baking experience and are relatively easy to make.
What You Need to Follow These Instructions – Supply List
Oaty Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 + 1 tablespoon self-rising flour
- 1/2 3.5 ounce chocolate bar, finely chopped
Delicious Cookie Recipes Using Self-Rising Flour
- Baking sheets
- Parchment paper
- Wire rack
- Large mixing bowl
- Plastic wrap
- Cookie sheets
Ingredients for Oaty Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients for Self-Rising Crunchy Sugar Cookies
OATY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- Preheat the Oven and Prepare the Baking Sheets - Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two cookie trays with parchment paper.
- Beat Butter and Sugar together with the electric mixer until smooth and fluffy. Next, add the egg and vanilla, beating thoroughly until blended.
- Add the Flour, Oats, and Chocolate - Add the oats and flour to the butter mixture, beating well. Next, fold the chopped chocolate into the dough.
- Bake the Cookies - Roll the dough into 18 balls and place on the cookie sheets. Bake the cookies for 10-15 minutes, until they get golden brown. Allow the cookies to cool on the kitchen wire rack.
SELF-RISING CRUNCHY SUGAR COOKIES
- Beat Butter, Sugar, and Vanilla - Using an electric mixer, beat the butter (or vegetable shortening), sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Mix Egg and Flour - Mix in the egg and then the flour into the mixture. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Chill the Dough - Cover the bowl and chill the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes or more. Near the end of the chilling time, preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line the cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Bake the Cookies - Roll the cookies into 1″ to 1 1/2″ balls then roll them in a bowl of granulated sugar or coarse sparkling sugar. Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes and then allow them to cool on a wire rack shelving.
COCOA CRINKLE SANDWICH COOKIES
- Beat Milk, Oil, and Eggs - In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the sweetened condensed milk, oil, and eggs on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Add the Dry Ingredients - Add in the flour, cocoa, and sugar, mixing at low speed for 1-2 minutes.
- Refrigerate Dough - Cover the dough with plastic wrap packaging and refrigerate for at least one hour. Towards the end of the refrigeration, preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Bake the Cookies - Roll the dough into 40 balls and bake for 10-14 minutes. Allow the cookies to follow cool on a wire rack.
- Make Sandwiches - Once the cookies are completely cool, frost the bottoms and make the cookies into sandwiches.
Did you enjoy this article on cookie recipes using self-rising flour? If so, share your thoughts in the comments down below and share this post with your friends and family.