Last Updated on January 23, 2023
Wouldn’t it be awesome to make an amazing beer can cake? Just imagine how exciting it would be to give this cake to your friends. Besides, it would be a thoughtful and creative present for beer lovers in your life. It’s simply a beer cake you made from cans. Likewise, a baked beer cake would be an excellent cake idea. In addition to that, it will indeed get the attention of everyone at the party.
There are plenty of individuals who genuinely prefer a good beer. So, why give them sugar when they can enjoy a nice cold beer. With that, if you find it boring gifting beers in boxes and bags, try to make a beer can cake.
Not only is it a more entertaining approach, but also you are free to be creative in dressing up beers. Remember that it is not a plain dessert but a three-tier masterpiece consisting of beer cans. Because of this, you are sure to give pure joy to any beer lover.
Furthermore, you can make beer can cakes for bachelor parties, college graduation parties, and 21st birthday parties. In addition to that, the person to whom you are giving this cake would indeed appreciate it. For that reason, they can tell that you took the time to turn a 30 pack into something memorable.
Amazing Cakes Made Out of Beer Cans
Don’t you agree that it is much better than handing someone a 30 pack on their birthday? That is why it’s great to greet them with a happy birthday by making a beer cake using cans of beer. I guarantee that it would make for an excellent birthday gift.
Moreover, you have probably spotted one of these cakes at several local liquor stores. And it got you thinking about how to make them.
How to Make a Beer Can Cake?
What You Will Need for Beer Can Cake
- Pair of scissors
- Two circular cardboards
- Beer packs (24 pack, 18 pack, or 12 pack)
- A pizza pan
Step-by-Step: For A Beer Can Cake Tutorial
Before anything else, gather all your supplies. Then, collect your cans of beer together.
Keep in mind that the beer’s size will rely on the number of cans you have at hand. That is why it would help to experiment with a small number of beer cans. For example, before advancing to making a bigger beer can cake, it would be best to utilize a twelve-pack.
After that, make sure to organize the can according to the size and number of layers. Remember, arrange as you want your cake to have. For instance, you can have a three-tiered cake with a twelve-pack. With that, place six cans at the bottom. Then, you place four in the middle and two at the top.
Next, ensure to prepare cardboards. Keep in mind that the cardboards will represent each cake layer. In addition to that, it will help support the beer cans.
Afterward, cut out the circles of various sizes from a bigger piece of cardboard. With that, for a three-tiered cake, utilize a seven-inch pizza pan for the bottom layer. Then, use five-inch cardboard for the center. And three-inch cardboard for the top layer.
Bear in mind that you should always use something as strong as a pizza pan for the base. Using this will help you conveniently move the beer cake from one point to another.
Then, wrap the two cardboards. Also, include the pizza pan with decorative paper. With that, make sure to base it on the chosen theme.
Afterward, you can proceed and set up the beer cake layers. For instance, at the bottom, you can place six beer cans around the seven-inch pizza pan. Then, put four beers around the five-inch cardboard in the middle. After that, at the top, arrange two beers around the three-inch cardboard.
Also, make sure to place the middle cardboard on top of the bottom layer beer cans. Ensure to put the top cardboard on top of the beer cans in the middle layer. As a result, you will have a three-tiered layered cake.
After that, make sure to wrap a ribbon around each bunch of cans. After that, hold the ribbon in place with glue. Because of this, it will clamp the cans together. Besides that, it will also function as a decoration.
Tips on Amazing Cakes Made Out of Beer Cans
You can use any decorations you want. In that regard, you can crown the top layer beer cans with beer muffins. Besides that, you can throw mini liquor bottles in there. Likewise, you can decorate with burlap or ribbon. Nevertheless, it relies on your imagination since the possibilities are endless.
How to Decorate Cakes Made Out of Beer Cans
For the most part, you can get various types of ribbons to jazz up the cake layers. In addition to that, you can glue garland to the edges of the cardboard circles.
Remember that you can be the most creative at the top tier of the beer can cake. Also, you can put more ribbons, candies, and streamers on the beer can cake. In addition to that, you can tie a big bow, mount it with a stuffed animal or figurine. Likewise, you can also create a small banner.
Moreover, you can spice up cakes made out of beer cans with several thematic decorations. For instance, you can utilize a winter season beer for a holiday party. Likewise, you can add several Christmas colors. In addition to that, you can put on tinsel or fairy lights.
In this regard, there are indeed many choices. You can let the labels be a part of the whole design. Or you can individually wrap the beers for an unforgettable surprise.
Beer Cake Design: Real vs Fake
When making a beer cake, you can choose to make it one of two ways: a fake cake, made of beer cans, or a real cake that incorporates beer into the batter and is decorated with beer bottles and decorations. There are many ideas that you can choose from for both. Let’s take a closer look at some of my favorite ideas for beer can cakes.
Corona Beer Cake Ideas
To make a cake from Corona beer, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 12 pack of Corona beer cans
- ribbon (varying thickness)
- 3 cardboard circles (one 3″, one 6″ and one 9″)
Now all you need to do is:
- Cover your cardboard circles in decorative paper of your choice (be sure to leave one side smooth).
- Place the biggest circle smooth side down and arrange 8 cans on the first layer, to check they fit.
- Add tape to the bottom of each can to ensure they stay in place.
- Once secured, add thick ribbon around the cans for extra support and tie the ends together into a bow.
- Tape the next circle on top of the first layer (this time, the smooth side should be facing up).
- Tape 4 cans onto the second layer, and wrap with ribbon; tie into a bow.
- Place the final circle on top and decorate with a bow, and curled ribbons (use the scissors to achieve this).
- Trim the bows, and tighten them to look more appealing. Your cake is ready!
Budweiser Birthday Cake
- 30 pack of Bud Light Beer (you’ll need 28)
- 3 cardboard circles (one 13″, one 9 1/2″ and one 7 1/2″)
- Before you begin, cut your cardboard circles to the above size and wrap in decorative paper, or tissue paper of your choice.
- For the first layer, add 13 beers, for the second layer, 9 beers and for the third layer, 6 beers.
- Tape the 13 beers to the first layer and then add your cardboard circle on top. On top of the second layer, add 9 beers and then top with your third circle. On the third layer, add 6 beers.
- Wrap ribbon around each tier and tie with a bow, or secure with a glue gun.
- Add any further decorations of your choice and serve!
Heineken Beer Cake Design
You may be looking to make a real cake, made with your favorite beer. If this is the case, this is the perfect recipe for you. For this recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
for the cake:
- 3 cups of all purpose flour
- 3 cups of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 cup of butter
- 7 egg whites
- 1/2 cup of Heineken
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of white gum paste (plus 2 toothpicks)
for the frosting:
- 2 cups of butter
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 7 cups of confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- gel food coloring (yellow and brown)
Now all you need to do is:
- Before you begin the cake, you’ll need to make the handle for the beer, from the gum paste and toothpicks. Make your handle around 5″ tall and add toothpicks to the edges of the handle. Set aside and leave to dry.
- Prepare six, 6″ cake pans with parchment paper and spray. You’ll also need to preheat your oven to 350F.
- Add the following ingredients to a bowl: flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix well until combined. Once fully combined, add in the butter.
- Next, add your eggs and mix until combined. Once combined, add your beer and buttermilk. Combine on a low speed.
- Now, add the following ingredients: oil and vanilla extract. Mix well and scrape the sides of the bowl as you mix.
- Pour the batter into your prepared cake pans and bake in the center of your preheated oven for around 30 minutes, or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Leave to cool.
- Once cool, use a knife to slice off the dome of each layer, so each layer is flat.
- For the frosting, add the butter to a mixer and beat until smooth. Once smooth, add both the salt and vanilla, and mix well.
- Gradually add the sugar, along with the heavy cream. Keep mixing until you reach the consistency you’re looking for.
- Keep around two cups of the buttercream aside and place in a piping bag. With the rest of the frosting, color with yellow and brown food coloring, until you reach the color of beer.
- Stick your first layer to a cake board with some frosting and stack your layers, ensuring there’s a layer of the beer colored buttercream in between. Once stacked, add a crumb coating of frosting around the entire cake. Smooth with a bench scraper or spatula and chill until the frosting is firm.
- Once firm, add another layer of frosting around the cake. Smooth once more and make lines on the beer, so it looks like a glass tankard.
- Using the white buttercream from earlier, pipe onto the top of your cake and down the sides, so it looks like the froth on top of the beer.
- Finally, press your handle onto the cake with the toothpicks. Slice, serve and enjoy!
On a final note, cakes made out of beer cans are an awesome approach to be creative for a birthday. Not only that but also a beer can cake is fun for all adults. Do you have any tips or tricks when it comes to making beer can cake? If so, please feel free to let me know in the comments below. Sharing is caring!
Zarah is an experienced pastry chef whose creations have delighted countless customers. With a passion for baking, Zarah has developed a unique style that combines classic techniques with modern flavors. Her desserts are always made with the freshest ingredients, and her attention to detail shows in her beautiful and delicious creations. Zarah has a wealth of experience in the pastry kitchen, and loves to share her knowledge with others. Whether it is teaching a class or creating a custom cake for a special occasion, Zarah is committed to making sure every customer is satisfied.