Last Updated on March 3, 2023
Mini cupcakes are the perfect-sized treats that are always popular at parties. And when making them, it is essential to know how long you bake mini cupcakes.
Furthermore, mini cupcakes need less baking time than full-sized ones because they are smaller. In addition to that, the typical baking time of mini cupcakes is between nine to fifteen minutes.
In that regard, you can test the doneness of your mini cupcakes for nine minutes. If you bake your mini cupcakes for too long, they will become dry and crusty at the top. And if underbaked, they will become messy and mushy.
How Long Do You Bake Mini Cupcakes?
If you are craving cupcakes, there is only one thing that is better than regular cupcakes, and it is mini cupcakes; keep in mind that they are better because they are cuter, and you can eat plenty of them without feeling guilty.
Also, mini cupcakes take how long to cook and to what degree? Whenever you bake mini cupcakes, it will take about ten to fifteen minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, you can check their doneness at nearly nine or ten minutes by using a toothpick. Remember, your mini cupcakes are ready if your toothpick comes out clean with little crumbs.
Moreover, mini cupcake pans can hold about one-third of the number of standard cupcake pans. A regular cupcake recipe that makes one dozen will create three dozen mini cupcakes.
Also, remember that the mini cupcakes’ baking time takes about two-thirds of the standard cupcakes’ baking time. Plus, if you bake your mini cupcakes using metal or glass pans, the temperature should be 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 177 degrees Celsius.
On the other hand, you should bake your mini cupcakes at 325 degrees Fahrenheit or 163 degrees Celsius when using dark or nonstick cupcake pans.
Furthermore, if you set the oven temperature too high, your mini cupcakes can form a dome on the top and will crack. And if the oven temperature is too low or below 325 degrees Fahrenheit, your mini cupcakes will become underbaked and collapse as they cool down.
Using an Electric Cupcake Maker
How do you use an electric cupcake maker? Essentially, having an easy cupcake recipe is helpful; remember that cupcakes are the most basic recipe that novice bakers learn to make. Besides, if you like cupcakes, making them using an electric cupcake maker will give you moist and fluffy cupcakes. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to use an electric cupcake maker.
If you are trying to make cupcakes using your electric cupcake maker for the first time, ensure to wipe the surface using a damp cloth and dry it. Remember, avoid pouring or immersing your electric cupcake maker in water.
Then, place your cupcake maker on a flat, heat-resistant, and level surface. Next, close your cupcake maker and plug the cord into an outlet. The red light will turn on, indicating that you have switched it on. And the green pilot light remains off, suggesting that it is warming up.
Afterward, if the green light turns on, the preset baking temperature is reached, and your cupcake maker is ready to use.
After that, carefully open your cupcake maker and lightly brush the plates or cups with butter, oil, or cooking spray. Then, place your cupcake liners in each cavity.
Next, pour your batter into the cupcake liners. Remember, avoid filling up to the edges. And only fill about 3/4 of the batter inside the cupcake liners.
Make sure to close the lid and bake your cupcakes until golden brown; remember that your cupcakes’ cooking time may vary depending on the ingredients used. The general baking time is about six to eight minutes per batch.
When your cupcakes are ready, remove them using a spatula or wooden stick to remove the sides. Also, avoid using metal objects as they can damage the nonstick coating of your cupcake maker.
Finally, allow your cupcakes to cool, and make another batch if desired. Once done using your cupcake maker, unplug the cord from the outlet and leave your cupcake maker open to cool.
What You Will Need: Miniature Cupcakes
- 150 grams of softened unsalted butter
- 150 grams of golden caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- Fine-grated zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 250 grams of softened unsalted butter
- 500 grams of sifted powdered sugar
- 250 grams of mascarpone cheese
- Food coloring of your choice
- A 3×12-hole mini cupcake pan, lined with mini cupcake liners
- Piping bag
- Star tip
Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius. Then, mix your butter and sugar inside a bowl. After that, combine using an electric mixer until the mixture becomes light and fluffy. Afterward, add eggs gradually and fold your lemon zest and juice. And do not forget to mix gently until smooth.
Divide your batter between paper liners and bake in the middle part of the oven. Also, be sure to bake cupcakes for about ten to fifteen minutes until cooked. After that, remove the mini cupcakes and allow them to cool on the cooling rack.
For starters, process butter inside a food processor until smooth. Then, gradually add your powdered sugar and mascarpone until it becomes smooth. Also, color your buttercream if desired and pipe large swirls on your cooled cupcakes. Lastly, top with your desired toppings.
Additionally, how long to cook mini cupcakes in the oven? Please note that mini cupcakes are cupcakes but are bite-sized, which are perfect for serving at parties and getting together.
Moreover, when baking mini cupcakes, the size of the cupcake tins is essential. Also, the standard size of a mini cupcake pan is 1 1/4 inches by 3/4 inches. Because of that, it can hold about 0.5 to 0.7 ounces of batter.
Besides, if your mini cupcake pan’s size and volume are different, ensure to adjust your cooking time by adding and subtracting a few minutes of baking time. So, it would be best to bake one to two cupcake pans at a time because overcrowding inside the oven will affect the baking time as it will add pressure to the conventional oven. Plus, baking two cupcake pans will take longer than with one pan.
Furthermore, it will take about ten to fifteen minutes to bake mini cupcakes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Not only that but also baking them longer or shorter than the recommended time will leave your mini cupcakes undercooked or burnt.
Mini Chocolate Cupcakes From Scratch Recipe
As well as vanilla cupcakes, you can also make mini chocolate cupcakes too. For this recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of oil (vegetable is best)
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of hot water
- 2 eggs
Now all you need to do is:
- Gather all of the ingredients you need for this recipe and preheat your oven to 350F. You’ll also need to add mini cupcake liners to a cupcake pan (or two) and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Grab a bowl and add the following ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, and cocoa powder. Mix the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the oil, milk, eggs, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- In your bowl of dry ingredients, make a hole in the center and pour your bowl of wet ingredients. Mix the ingredients for a few minutes, scraping the bowl as you go.
- Pour in the hot water and keep mixing until just combined. It’s important not to mix too much.
- Add the batter to your cupcake liners and fill around 2/3 full. Place in the center of your preheated oven and bake for around 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool completely before frosting with a frosting of your choice. Serve and enjoy!
How to Make Mini Cupcakes Using a Cake Mix
If you’d prefer, you can use any boxed cake mix to make mini cupcakes. It’s super easy! The only ingredients you’ll need for this recipe are:
- one box of cake mix of your choice
- ingredients listed on your boxed cake mix (usually water and eggs)
Now all you need to do is:
- Gather the ingredients you need and preheat your oven to 350F. You’ll also need to line a mini muffin/cupcake pan with mini cupcake liners.
- Follow the instructions on the back of your boxed cake mix and mix until you have a fairly smooth batter.
- Add around a tablespoon of batter to each cupcake liner. They should not be more than 2/3 full. Place in the center of your preheated oven and bake for around 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool entirely before frosting with a frosting of your choice. Serve and enjoy!
How Long to Cook Mini Cupcakes at 350?
The best temperature for mini cupcakes is 350F. They’ll usually need to be baked in the center of the oven at this temperature for around 15 minutes. Be sure to check after around 10 minutes. Just simply place a toothpick in the center of the cake; and if it comes out clean, your mini cupcakes are ready. They can burn very quickly, so ensure you’re keeping a close eye on them after around the 10-minute mark.
How to Adjust a Standard Cupcake Recipe to a Mini Cupcake Recipe?
You may already have a favorite cupcake recipe. If you do, it’s super easy to convert into a mini cupcake recipe. When it comes to the measurements or the ingredients used, they will stay the same – and no changes need to be made at all! However many standard cupcakes your recipe makes, you’ll have three times as many small cupcakes.
All that needs changing is the filling of your cupcake liners and the baking time. You can add your batter to a piping bag and simply pipe the mixture into your mini cupcake liners. They shouldn’t be more than 2/3 full.
As for the baking time, the average temperature for mini cupcakes is 350F and you should bake for no longer than 15 minutes.
I hope this post has helped you to answer the question: how long do you bake mini cupcakes? And give you an idea of how to make your own. Do you have any tips or tricks when it comes to baking mini cupcakes? If so, please feel free to let me know in the comments below. Sharing is caring!
Mini Cupcakes Take How Long To Cook With What Degree?
Usually, mini cupcakes will cook for approximately ten to fifteen minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. And in general, you should know that mini cupcakes' baking time typically takes about two-thirds of the regular cupcakes' baking time.
How Do You Use An Electric Cupcake Maker?
First, put your cupcake maker on a heat-resistant, level, and flat surface. Then, be sure to close the cupcake maker. Afterward, plug the cord in an outlet; keep in mind that the red light will turn on, which means that you have turned it on. At the same time, the green light stays off since it means that it is warming up. By the time the green light turns on, you have reached the preset baking temperature. And you are ready to use your electric cupcake maker.
How To Make Miniature Cupcakes?
Before anything else, ensure to preheat the conventional oven to 190 degrees Celsius. Afterward, make sure to combine the sugar and butter inside a mixing bowl using an electric mixer. Then, add your eggs and fold the lemon zest and juice. Next, divide the batter between paper liners and ensure to bake in the oven's middle part. After that, bake your cupcakes for around ten to fifteen minutes till cooked. Lastly, remove your miniature cupcakes. And let them cool in the cooling wire rack.
How Long To Cook Mini Cupcakes In Oven?
At 350 degrees Fahrenheit, please note that it typically takes around ten to fifteen minutes to bake your mini cupcakes in the oven.
How Long Do You Bake Mini Cupcakes: Amazing, Easy Guide
- A 3x12-hole mini cupcake pan, lined with mini cupcake liners
- Piping Bag
- Star tip
- 150 grams of softened unsalted butter
- 150 grams of golden caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- Fine grated zest and juice from 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius. Then, mix your butter and sugar inside a bowl. After that, combine using an electric mixer until the mixture becomes light and fluffy. Afterward, add eggs gradually and fold your lemon zest and juice. And do not forget to mix gently until smooth.150 grams of softened unsalted butter, 150 grams of golden caster sugar, 3 medium eggs, Fine grated zest and juice from 1 lemon
- Divide your batter between paper liners and bake in the middle part of the oven. Also, be sure to bake cupcakes for about ten to fifteen minutes until cooked. After that, remove mini cupcakes and allow them to cool in the cooling rack.
- For starters, process butter inside a food processor until smooth. Then, gradually add your powdered sugar and mascarpone until it becomes smooth. Also, color your buttercream if desired and pipe large swirls on your cooled cupcakes. Lastly, top with your desired toppings.250 grams of softened unsalted butter, 500 grams of sifted powdered sugar, 250 grams of mascarpone cheese, Food coloring of your choice
Zarah is an experienced pastry chef whose creations have delighted countless customers. With a passion for baking, Zarah has developed a unique style that combines classic techniques with modern flavors. Her desserts are consistently crafted with the finest ingredients, and her attention to detail is evident in the stunning and delectable results. Zarah has a wealth of experience in the pastry kitchen, and loves to share her knowledge with others. Whether it is teaching a class or creating a custom cake for a special occasion, Zarah is committed to making sure every customer is satisfied.